Normally anything longer than 3 days I will check my bag, but I wasn't flying on my airline of choice and was not in the mood to pay that fee. So I broke and started looking at packing cubes. While there are so many choices when it comes to cubes, I went with something on the cheaper end in case I didn't like it. I ended up with these JJ Power Packing Cubes in Tangerine. The reviews were decent, and I figured 6 cubes were better than the 4 most other sets had. Plus side - Amazon has a really great return policy. What I also liked about these, was that it had a printed guide on the inside of each cube to give you an idea of what to use each cube for.
I used the 2 Large cubes (17.8"x13.8"x4.7") and 1 Medium cube (13.6"x8.7"x3") inside my 21" carry on suitcase, along with my cosmetics bag in the main compartment of my suitcase. My shoes fit in the lid of my suitcase and I was all set to go! I was able to lay my clothes out pretty flat in the cubes with minimal folding in the 2 large cubes. I put my underwear and socks in the medium cube because there was no way my big ol' grandma bras were fitting in that small cube. HAHA. And I prefer to keep all my undies together. OCD and all that. At the end of my trip, 1 large cube held clothes I didn't wear, while the other one held my dirty clothes. The medium was folded up neatly inside the large cube, and I was able to fit in the pair of shoes I bought on my trip!
I would definitely recommend packing cubes to save space and keep your suitcase organized. I can see now how people can do 2 weeks in Europe with just a carry-on! With the price of checked luggage these days, we need to cut corners where we can.
Now faithfully pro-cube,
- L
**Everything was purchased by me. These are NOT affiliate links.**
I love the idea of using one cube for dirty clothes at the end of a trip! I never thought of that. Glad you're enjoying the cubes, anything to make travel easier is a definite plus!
ReplyDeleteYes! Now I know how you used your carry on in Vegas while we had huge suitcases haha :)
Delete