| No matter what I did, my camera made it lighter than it is in person |
In the matte powder, I was Golden Medium, but in the compact, I am Golden Tan w30. The shades run much lighter in the compact
Pros:
- doesn't make me breakout, even when sleeping in it
- doesn't exacerbate my already oily skin, tames it a little
- doesn't cake up, even when layering
- compact format is easier to use, less mess, and I take it with me everywhere
- lasts a really long time, you don't need a lot for coverage, so you use less than the powder, and there's less waste in this format!
- has a wide range of shades for women of all colors/ethnicities
Cons:
- does cling to dry skin, so you have to really moisturize
- w/o primer, sinks into lines
- transfers easily to everything, unless I use setting powder
- uses a different brush than the powder
Best Use (for me)
- quick everyday basis when I want to cover up red spots without overdoing it or spending too much time getting ready
- as a setting powder for my Revlon foundation (when I want super full coverage)
With the brush, it's worth mentioning that you don't have to use their brush. I use my ELF Studio Powder Brush instead of the bareMinerals Precision Face Brush because I couldn't justify paying that much for one brush. Not when I had just bought a whole set of other brushes. They're both flat topped, so it works. A lot of other reviews I read said they used the ELF brush as well, so I'm good with my decision. I have not tried to use it with a regular round powder brush, but I would imagine it would still work, at the worst, you'll just get a powder cloud that you don't get with the flat topped brush. I also use the BM READY Touch Up Veil in tinted, and I use that with a regular round brush, so I get
Overall I like this foundation and will continue to use it. It's one of the few products that I've found to really match my complexion. I've been happy with bareMinerals products, and I love their eyeliners as well. I'm definitely feeling the READY line, because lets face it, loose powders can be really irritating. I'm glad BM has taken their products in this direction and I will be glad to try more!
- L
***EDIT***
I posted the pics to include the ELF Essentials Clarifying Powder because in a stitch I needed something and this actually worked well for me and matched pretty close. You can see from the swatches in the pic below that it's a near perfect match. You wouldn't think so from the pics, but it's almost the same shade as the BareMinerals READY Foundation. The ELF powder helps with evening out some of the redness (it's not full coverage) and controls oil (for me) so I keep that around for travel. I also compared the Golden Medium powder with the Golden Tan and boy the Golden Medium made me look so pale and yellow! Why didn't I notice this sooner :| Oh well you live and you learn!
| Golden Medium |
| Golden Medium powder on Golden Tan. Yikes what a difference! |
| ELF Clarifying powder in Honey compared to Golden Tan |
| 1 - Golden Medium, 2 - Golden Tan, 3 - ELF Honey |
***This post was not sponsored by Bare Escentuals, ELF, or any other company. I purchased the products discussed with my own money, for my personal use.***
cool! I've never tried this foundation but it def sounds like a winner
ReplyDelete