| Excited for #Blerdcon |
This weekend my cousin and I went to BlerDCon in Crystal City/Arlington, VA. If you aren't familiar, "blerd" is black nerd. Blerdcon caters to the minorities of the geek/nerd community - POC, women, LGBTQ, and many more underrepresented groups. From comics to cosplay, to fan art, collectibles, and gaming, it was all there at the con. It was great to see a lot of independent comics and hear the creators talk about their work. I was touched by the passion, creativity, and pride everyone exuded, and was not disappointed by what I saw.
I was impressed with the details and time many of the cosplayers put into their costumes, down to the accessories. Especially since I was too chicken to cosplay myself. One of my favorites – Ronald Seaman as Iron Merman - paid attention to everything, including the reflective inserts on his palms that he painted with his wife’s nail polish. That takes dedication! He said there is always room for improvement and has plans for an even better Iron Merman. I can’t wait to see it.
![]() |
| Iron Merman |
While there were plenty of tables to peruse and purchase from, the Bmore Comfy table really caught my eye. I've been interested in more eco-friendly alternatives to pads and tampons, and this was right up my alley. Not only are their cloth pads reusable, but they have GEEK patterns on them! Not the usual girlie prints or colors, but Star Trek, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Batman, and more! They have different absorbencies and lengths to suit your flow.
![]() |
| Bmore Comfy #BleedGeek |
For more pictures from BlerDCon check my Facebook page!
Anything you'd like to see in Travel Tuesdays? Drop a comment below and let me know.
- L


I love this post! The nerdy print feminine products are super creative, how funky!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! And yes, I was definitely intrigued by them.
Delete