Yep, I'm walking around and counting my footsteps. Just not with a pedometer. I've been using this app on my iPhone called Moves. I like it because its so simple and it shows where I've been throughout the day. There are no extra features or buttons taking up screen space. It's simplicity at its best, without sacrificing function. It can also tell the difference between walking, running, and cycling, though I have yet to test that out. I will in the near future and I will let you know. I love it though, and it doesn't force you into doing anything extra. Personally though, I look back at the amount of steps each day and compete with myself. LOL I know it sounds silly, but I do! I'm like "dag why didn't I walk as much as yesterday? What was I doing? I gotta do better tomorrow." It motivates me to be a little more active and walk around instead of taking the shortcuts.
All in all I know there's more that I can do, but it's about the baby steps. I have to schedule my time better and be more mindful of what I eat. Less carbs, more veggies (especially greens) and be more focused. The fact that some of my coworkers are also on the health kick helps me because I feel guilty sneaking snacks or eating a less than amazing healthy lunch. Slowly, but surely, I will get there. I'm proud of myself to dropping a few lbs and keeping them off. It won't happen overnight, no matter how much I wish it did...
Stay healthy!
-L

No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love, share a suggestion, add an idea, or just say hello...