To start - my face. Oh how it has turned on me! I feel like a high school teenager all over again. It completely rebelled against me and said fuck you. My quick apricot scrub 2x a week was no longer cutting it. I started using my Mia along with actual face cleanser and not just soap, and I noticed a difference. I've been trying out different moisturizers and face creams, but my skin likes them for a few weeks and then rejects them. Now that the seasons are changing, I need to find something before the winter sets in and I am plagued with dry skin and chapped lips.
My hair - has always been a shit storm. I die it, bleach it, fry it, and plain don't take care of it. That my friends had changed more recently. I get my hair cut about 1x a year. I want to make that a few times a year. I've always balked at going to salons and opted for cheaper methods, but I realize that it takes more than that to maintain a healthy head of hair. And before you start in on me, yes I know the dye jobs and bleaching have got to stop. They will. Trust me. I'm all for better looking hair than different colored hair. While I know there are better ways to achieve color, I am putting a pause on it before I'm bald. I will be one with my natural hair color and just get over it already. No more reds and blondes.
My lips/skin/cuticles/nails - need more attention, period. Quick slaps of lotion once in awhile are gone. Creams, oils, balms are being looked into to find the perfect one. I'm still wary of spending money I don't have on miracle treatments, and I am not looking for one. However, if I could find something multi-purpose, then I'm all for it. Currently thinking about Jojoba, Coconut, and Vitamin E Oils. Suggestions appreciated.
I can also tell that the things I eat are taking a toll on me. It does not go away as easily as it used to. I mean my weight has always fluctuated, more or less on its own without too much effort on my part, but now? Forget about it! Even my alcohol tolerance has taken a hit. Before I could down as much liquor as I wanted and wake up in the morning bouncy as ever. Now? Don't even think about waking me up before 2pm. And I still wake up with horrible hangovers.
All the shit I used to take for granted, I wish I could get it back. All the shit I used to do, boy it's showing up on me now. At least I can say I don't smoke, so that's one less factor towards making me look shitty. I'm going to have to struggle with genetics as is already.
Goals for not looking 85 when I'm 40 - better diet, more intense beauty routine (but still not past 30 mins) and maybe vitamins? Less alcohol binges for sure.
Any thoughts on juicing? It seems to be all the rage now. It's not something I see myself doing that's for sure. Let me know what you think!
xx
-L
we all have to take care of our body, health wise and appearance wise but sometimes it gets to a point when you realize that all that time u putting towards appearance ~30mins could be spent on something else. time is a limited resource
ReplyDeleteGood point Anonymous. Thanks for reading.
ReplyDeleteno problem, it was interesting.
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling. I always feel like I am not doing enough. I love juicing...I just hate cleaning the thing. lol
ReplyDeletehaha Teems. I don't own a juicer, so I've been buying the Naked juices and I can't get enough of them. I'm close to trying all of the flavors and have picked my favorites so far. I've even conquered the green juice! It makes me feel healthier without too much effort lol
ReplyDelete